Monday, December 31, 2018

The Face Of The Father

As we prepare to enter the new year, it's always good  to reflect who we belong to. This is from 12/27/14.

It's been a good holiday for me children-wise. I've been able to spend time with a number of little ones in my family, even meeting and holding my great nephew, Bo, for the first time. (For those keeping score, Bo is the nine month old son of Ben and Courtney.) On Monday, I'll likewise be introduced to and hopefully hold my great niece, Addie, the nearly two year old daughter of Seth and Lauren. The future of the Hawley name looks to be in capable hands with new generations being planted and nourished in the family tree.

I met the two sweethearts in the shot above in Vietnam this summer. I was with church members who were checking up on sponsored children in the Tom's Kids program, started by long time missionary Tom Tune who invited me to join the work in Can Tho. I don't know anything about their family situations or their names. I can't tell you their birthdates or what scares them or makes them laugh. I do know what Jesus said about small children:
See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 18:10 ESV)
That's about all I need to know. They are represented by celestial beings in high places and God knows all about them and they will be waking from their sleep shortly. Pleasant dreams, little ones and may the Lord's love surround you as you wipe the slumber from your eyes this Lord's Day.


Applicable quote of the day:
"God is in the slums, in the cardboard boxes where the poor play house. God is in the silence of a mother who has infected her child with a virus that will end both their lives. God is in the cries heard under the rubble of war. God is in the debris of wasted opportunity and lives, and God is with us if we are with them."
Bono


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: