Thursday, September 04, 2014

He/She Must/Must Not


Every year, I have my students read the entry posted last Friday called The Princess Bride And MookDa's List. It will explain what I'm about to type here. Today, after reading the previously mentioned article, everyone in my Bible 8 classes listed five absolutes about the person they will marry in both the positives (He Must/She Must) and the negative (He Must Not/She Must Not). Here is what they wrote, used by permission, from both the gentlemen and ladies. All are used by permission:HE MUST:
He must have good hair. Rachel
He must make me feel like I am worth something. Gaby
He must have shorter hair than me and enjoy my company. Morgan
He must not be an atheist. Amy Cr
He must be romantic and funny at the same time. Amy Cu
He must be friends with my friends. Rianna
He must be spiritually/emotionally/mentally/educationally stable. Sophia
He must respect my parents and grandparents, no matter how much they interrogate him. Ariana
SHE MUST:
She must be full of life. Sam
She must have a college education. Casey
She must be a great example around children. Caleb
She can only have one addiction and that is to God. Drew
She must be able to drive a car. Joshua
She must be smarter than me. Arye
She must have good teeth and stay in shape. Ryan
She must be a little crazy. Jarius
She must love dogs. Dylan
She must have a strong heart. Jonathan

HE MUST NOT:
He must not ignore me. Morgan
He must share and embrace my faith in Christ. Amy Cr

He must not keep his past from me. Amy Cu
He must not have a beard. Rianna
He must not disobey the law. Sophia

He must not care that I am not looking my best. Ariana
He must not be a tacky dresser. Rachel
He must not use the Lord's name in vain. Gaby
SHE MUST NOT:
She must not overreact. Sam
She must not have parents who don't like me. Casey
She must not be taller than me. Caleb
She must not be timid but confident in herself. Drew
She must not forget to pray every morning and every night. Joshua
She must not be spoiled or a hater. Arye
She must not smoke or swear a lot. Ryan
She must not have short hair or tattoos. Jarius
She must not be a person who cannot share space. Dylan
She must not be squeamish. Jonathan


Applicable quote of the day:
"A man without a wife is like a vase without flowers."
African Proverb


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.stevehawley.blogspot.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.