Saturday, August 30, 2014

He Must...............


Every year, I have my students read the entry posted yesterday called The Princess Bride And MookDa's List. It will explain what I'm about to type here. On Friday, after talking about the previously mentioned article, everyone in my Gospels' classes listed five absolutes about the person they will marry in both the positives (He Must/She Must) and the negative (He Must Not/She Must Not). Here is the first installment, used by permission, from my young ladies. They are high schoolers and all are used by permission:

He must be a man who makes me feel enchanted. Alexandria
He must have an individual income and can't ask his parents for money. Rita
He must be serious about marriage. Han
He must be respectful to everyone. Tiata
He must know how to control his temper. Giovanna

He must like country music. Dessiah
He must be able to hold a conversation. Sarah
He must love my mom. Madison
He must accept my culture. Lyanne
He must follow his dreams and support my aspirations. Julia

He must want to have kids so we can watch them grow up together. Caitlyn
He must be educated. Nelsha

He must have Bible verses that apply to him, like 1 Peter 4:8. Addie
He must like my daddy and be liked by my daddy. Chloe B.
He must be bold and brave and want kids...but no too many! Marie

He must love me and take me for all that I am. Clara
He must be strong enough to pick me up. Mal
He must be at least a little artistic or musically talented. Avery
He must have ambition and want more for his family. Natalie
He must have a servant's heart. Chloe S.

He must respect my privacy. Tammy
He must be sensitive but strong. Jasmine

He must treat me like a princess. Jazzmin
He must be faithful, loyal, and honest. Toni

He must be muscular. My
He must be a handyman. Sidnee
He must be humble but also a leader. Catherine

He must play sports or be involved in other activities. Tyra
He must want to adopt children. Kaitlyn


Applicable quote of the day:
"A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short."
Andre Maurois


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: