Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The View From Vikin

Part of our WCS Mission Team: from left: Vikin, Chelsey, KC, Giselle, Kaitlyn, Miriam

Vikin and her friend, Tony

Coloring with nine and ten year olds at the church building!
Here is the third installment of reflections written by WCS students on their Spring Break Mission Trip to Oklahoma City headed by our Campus Ministry team. Tonight, my entry is again penned by a wonderful young lady from China named Vikin. Again, it is presented in both English and Mandarin for you bilingual readers!

 Every time when I talk about the mission trip, the first word came up in my mind is “unusual." This mission trip has different meanings to each person;  everyone was motivated by different elements. Nevertheless, each of us end up with one luscious aspiration which is meeting those children again next year. Even though all of us communicated with those children by various ways and methods, we all set up solid friendships with them within three days. I also appreciated that those lovely children shed the light on me for finding the innocence part which is sealed deeply in my heart. I am glad that I have the chance to see the faces of my classmates which were more diverse than those I spend time with at school.

Everybody was moved during the last evening devotional; I appreciate how God works on us, letting us find Jesus in an unique and impressive way. Thanks to God for constructing a strong relationship between us, and letting us become a family. Also, thanks to God for giving me this precious opportunity to find out who I really am, and built a firm connection between God and other people.  

每一次当我谈及到刚刚结束的传教之行,我都会第一个想到“不同”这个词。这个传教之行对于每一个人来说都有着不同的意义,每一个人参加的缘由也都是不一样的,但是无论如何,大家最后都拥有了一个共同的目标,那就是明年再来与这些孩子相见。我们每一个人都有着不同的方法去跟孩子交流,但是紧紧在三天的时间内,我们已经与孩子们有了坚固的友谊。我也懂得了,这些孩子真真正正让我们看到自己最纯真的那一面。我很惊讶,当我看到自己身边的同学展现出了不同的一面,甚至包括自己。
每天晚上在做祷告的时候,每一个人都会变得非常的感性。我很感谢上帝为我们做的一切,同时也让我们用一个不同却难得的方式找到耶和华。感谢主,在我们每个人之间都建立起了牢固的友谊,并且让我们成为了一个大家庭。同时感谢主给我这个珍贵的机会让我找到自己,并且让我建立了与同学和主更好的关系。

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: