Tuesday, August 11, 2020

All That Matters

We had our middle school/upper school book and supply pickup tonight and I saw two of my players for the coming year. almost have to coach to really know that bond. I've been blessed to coach many wonderful youngsters over the years- this is for them. This is from October 10, 2010.


I once heard famed basketball coach Don Meyer say that, ''The only team that matters is the one you stack it up with.'' With that being said, this is the only team that matters to me. These ten girls- Aeriel, Ashlee, Bryanna, Jada, Taylor, Laura, Mary, Sydney, Autumn, Ruby- will be the Westbury Christian School Lady Wildcats, middle school version for 2010-11. On some days we struggle but every day, we pray together.We will win some games on our twenty game journey but the most important indicator of our excellence will be the individual and group growth we share. If you want to know why coaches coach, I'll give you ten reasons. Just count the girls in the picture above.

Applicable quote of the day:
“Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.”
Ryunosuke Satoro


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
E-mail me at shawley@westburychristian.org

No comments: