Friday, February 26, 2010

Family News

Many of you know my family personally or at least vicariously through these devotionals. Here are several updates that you might be interested in and for which we ask your prayers:

My nephew, Zach, and his wife, Hayley, are in Texas awaiting the birth of their second adoptive child. The baby is three weeks premature and the birth was supposed to be in Oklahoma so there is now a second state involved. Please pray for the birth mother, the little baby, Zach and Hayley, and Bennett as he adapts to a new brother.

My niece, Meagan, was very unexpectedly brought back from her mission work in Zambia last month. Doctors in the States were very concerned that a lump on her neck might be symptomatic of lymphoma so Meagan was rushed back to Oklahoma with only twelve hours notice. We rejoiced to find that it was only a severe case of mononucleosis! Meagan's nearly four year work at the Namwianga Mission, taking care of orphaned and abandoned babies, will come to an end in May.

My nephew, Ben, is finishing his second year of med school at the University of Oklahoma and will marry his fiancee, Courtney, in June!

My nephew, Seth, completed his deployment in Afghanistan last month and returned home to rejoin his wife, Lauren, and infant son, Noah!

Now, for a little news about me. Today, I finalized plans for my trip to China this summer. Lord willing, I will spend the month of July teaching in an orphanage, returning for the start of school!

Thanks for all of your prayers and for faithfully visiting this website!

God bless,
Steve

Luke 18:1
http://www.hawleybooks.com/
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

1 comment:

LB said...

That is so exciting about China! What orphanage will you be working with? Our 2nd grade Wednesday night class just collected supplies for the New Hope Foundation in Beijing.