Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gospel Chariots

Pictured above is Johnstone Sikabbubba. Pictured with Johnstone is a bicycle which came from our school. Johnstone is an amazing evangelist in Zambia who I became acquainted with through my wonderful niece, Meagan. Johnstone e-mailed me recently about the need for bicycles for the preachers he is training to spread the Gospel in Africa. Last year, he planted six new churches. His own bike is worn out and needs replacing. If you would like to help purchase the means of transportation for these ministers of the good news of Jesus Christ, please e-mail me. The money will be routed through Meagan and her home congregation in Kansas. I would not post this unless it was an effort I financially support. In Romans 10:15, Paul wrote, ''And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!' '' My seniors recently finished studying 3rd John. In this short epistle, John praises a Christian named Gaius for supporting missionaries even though they were strangers to him. I doubt any of us will meet these African brothers this side of eternity but maybe we can help them teach the love of God to folks who are out of our reach otherwise. My e-mail address is below if you might care to help. Please keep these men in your prayers, and Meagan, too!
Applicable quote of the day:
''For instance, the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon.''
Bill Strickland


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail

me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: