Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sherry Ann

The weather is gloomy today. Dark clouds surround the whole of Singapore. Strong winds blowing. I am reminded of typhoon days when I was still in Manila. If weather is like this, we expect news like NO Classes. (all students are really happy!)I had interesting conversation with my flatmate last night. I thought it was one of the rare times when he can talk to me normally. That is, im not half asleep or even sleepy. Haha! I realized he always sees me at my worst! LOL. Sleepy, eyes half closed, very pale (no make ups), tousled hair…He was asking me questions like, how do I treat men that I like? Why don’t I encourage them to pursue me? Why I cant make the effort to tell or even show them that I like them back?! I never had the chance to tell him my reasons. I just said, NO!Been really contemplating and thinking so much about it this morning. And I thought, hey im still doing good! And I wont COMPROMISE my standards cos I feel that im getting older?! I will still say NO! I realized, I AM WORTH A LOT! Men should see and recognize that and make an effort to win my heart! I HAVE SO MUCH TO GIVE! I am sooooooo capable of loving and serving someone. I deserve someone who will stand up and be MAN ENOUGH to win me over! I may not be perfect. I may not be pretty and sexy to be a trophy wife that he can brag and display to his friends. But I can be more than a wife. I can be a friend and a lover….and I can write a long list of what else I can do for love….I want someone who would deserve to receive all things that I can offer. He should be fearless. He should NOT be scared about rejection and be man enough to convince me that he is worthy too…. Cos really? I AM WORTH A LOT.:)
Posted by Sherry Ann at
11:17 AM 0 comments Links to this post




I miss whoever YOU are…
I feel like being cheesy today. I’ve been longing to write you a letter. Hoping someday, when we get together there will be something I can share with you. The memories of you in my mind, the longing I feel for you. Deep inside me I know you are out there. Waiting for me too :)
There are countless nights I’ve been wondering what you look like. I have my list presented to God on what I am really looking for. It seems like I have a very looooong list! I know GOD is capable of introducing me to someone who matches every single item in my list, but I doubt if I deserve that someone. Of course I would be glad if it is you, whether you match some of it or not; I will still be grateful. I prefer a “human” partner in life anyway and not a “perfect guy” who’s just in my dreams. I pray that soon you’ll not just be a dream. I am longing to be with you in times like these.
For now, I will make myself busy and focus on the things for God. I always believe that there’s always a gift in every season. I'm excited and contented for now to be away from you. Although I would prefer doing things with you, there’s a lot of work for me that I believe I will enjoy to accomplish alone. *sigh* I can’t wait to see the day :)
Hope to see you very soon.

No comments: