Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Betrothed

In the fall of 1993, I taught a young man in my eighth grade Bible class in Tennessee named Ben Johnson. Over the years, Ben sat in a number of my courses and I was his assistant coach on our varsity baseball team. When I relocated to Houston in the summer of 1998, Ben volunteered to help with the move by driving my van. He paid for his own ticket to fly back to Houston and would not accept any compensation. While he was in Texas on that trip, he met Greg Glenn, our Athletic Director and the only person I knew at Westbury Christian. Five years ago, we needed a math teacher and coach at WCS. We called Ben who subsequently came to work with us. The time has flown by! At his congregation, Ben met and fell for the stunningly beautiful Becky Bell, who I grew to know and love through mission trips to Honduras. Ben and Becky will be wed on March 14 and I have volunteered my readers' services as fashion experts. Please relay your wisdom to this wonderful young couple by voting in the new poll question at the top left, and keep them in your care as the day approaches!
Applicable quote of the day:
"We have the greatest pre-nuptial agreement in the world. It's called love."
Gene Perret
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: