Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Week In Pictures



I am nearing bed time after leaving Wichita at 3:40 AM. The six hundred eleven miles went by quickly and my only hold up was a traffic jam back in Houston where 59 splits off of 610. It was a great week for me, spending time with my brothers' families as well as Mom. I grieve for those who have no one; it seems many in nursing homes have little contact with family or friends. Our own circumstances required us to leave Mom in St. Louis for three months after Dad died but we were blessed with a wide circle of friends and fellow Christians to look in on her. I often speak of Dave and Scott. It worked out that I could visit them at school so I am including a few action shots. At top, Scott prepares a demonstration for his AP Physics course, explaining centrifugal force with a Downy Fabric Softener dispenser. In the middle picture, Dave leads his seventh grade history class in a discussion of the 1972 terrorist attack at the Munich Olympics. And, at the bottom, we find the star of the family, Bennett Hawley. Bennett is about a year and a half old and was adopted by Zach and Haley at birth, just two months after the death of their beautiful daughter, Harper. Without a doubt, Bennett is the wiggliest little boy I have ever seen! And, he is proof to many that the Lord answers prayers in the most unexpected ways.

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

No comments: