Saturday, September 20, 2008

The News

Houston has had its share of huge news stories since I moved here in 1998- Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, Enron, Andrea Yates- but Hurricane Ike is the dominant event, in my opinion, of these ten years. Tomorrow, I will start sharing some thoughts about the past eight days, which have been surreal. Here is a link from the Houston Chronicle website that uses footage from our apartment complex. I am seen at about the 27-30 second mark helping to load food bags of MRE's. Many of the five hundred apartments are inhabited by the very elderly which made this crisis particularly dangerous. Please keep this part of Texas in your prayers.

http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/special/07/templates/lineuppop.html?mcVideo=1785352196
Then, click Sick And Elderly Suffer Without PowerGod bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: