Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday Update On Dad

Dad spent his 79th birthday in the hospital. When I called the first time, his supper had just been brought in. When I called back, he told me he ate almost nothing because the food just does not appeal to him; he's lost his appetite. He still does not know when he is going home but he is excited about the painters beginning this weekend. Dad was encouraged by a number of calls and visits today. You may recall my saying Dad bought a stuffed animal for Mom and he was going to deliver it for Valentine's but that did not come about. I may be wrong but this could be their first Valentine's/Dad's birthday spent apart since their wedding in 1949. Dad hopes his next birthday will be in Wichita. I admit I thought all this would be taken care of much sooner. This morning, I bought a spring break plane ticket to St. Louis. I was sure Dad and Mom would be Kansans by now but the Lord's timetable and ours don't always match. In honor of Dad's birthday, I am going to print Mom and Dad's picture below. Thanks for your prayers!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me (or Dad) at steve@hawleybooks.com

1 comment:

Kathryn & John said...

Hi Steve, I went by the hospital last night and had a great visit with your Dad. Lucky me, I got to share his birthday with him! I thought he looked really good. And, you'll be glad to know, I had him laughing by the time it was time to leave. I'll visit again if he has to stay much longer.
Kathryn (Burrow) Collett