Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The One (The Guys' Point Of View)

Yesterday, I shared some thoughts from the young ladies in my classes concerning their opinions on love, marriage, and The One. (Please refer back to 2-19, You're The One!) Today, I give equal time to their male counterparts. I am always amazed at the thought processes of students. We don't give them as much credit as they deserve for their ability to analyze and assess the meaning of the Scriptures. Here is a sampling of tenth grade boys' feelings on the subject of The One:

"I don't think there is only one person who can be The One. I do think there can be so perfect a couple that they are too perfect for each other. I believe God gives us many options. We just have to pick the right one and God helps us go in the right direction. So, I think there are many The Ones." John F.

"There is a special someone out there in the world for everyone. God made us in His special way and He made someone else on earth for us. They might not be the best looker or the smartest and you might be ridiculed by people but it's how you feel and what you think about your status. If the relationship is right, keep moving forward. If the relationship is wrong, then erase and go back to the drawing board. Finding The One could take forever, it could take a day, but when we find that special someone, we should love them until the end of time." Cameron T.

"I think God has a special somebody picked out already for us. But in order to get to her, we must go through all the tests and challenges that God has put out for us." Aaron D.

"Yes, I believe in The One because if it's God-ordained, He will bring you to the right place at the right time and the odds no longer will be slim. Our mate might be right in front of us but we are caught up in who looks good and who has material things. God doesn't create mess. That is not to say you will not suffer hard times within your marriage. That's what happens when two imperfect people live together." Derek B.

"I don't think there is only one specific person that an individual is fixed or meant to be with. I believe that for each person, there are many other individuals out there who they could be married to, have a happy life, and please God. I don't think there is just one mate a person is destined to be with. If this were the case, divorce would not be as common as it is." Elvan Y.

"I really don't know how many people there are for us. I don't think about it because once you are married and you still believe there is still someone else out there for you, how can you love the one you are with? I think there is someone for everyone. But, if you think there are five or ten or twenty, how can you be happy with the one you have? God makes a way for everything and maybe this was not meant to be known. Trust God and know that you have the one, or the one in five, that he sent for you." Ashton F.

"I don't think there is The One. I do think God has a plan for our lives which includes who we should marry but sometimes, people do not choose God's way. Should the other person go without a spouse? I think the Lord will then use someone else to marry that person. I believe some people miss out because of the choices they make but I don't feel there is just one person for each of us." Donald P.

"I think there are a couple of choices for us to pick from. There are very slim odds of us finding The One in the United States, let alone the rest of the world. We could be matched with anyone. I think there are people who are compatible with us but we would still rather be with someone else. God puts people in our lives for certain reasons." Elijah S.

Applicable quote of the day:
"A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears."

Woodrow Wyatt

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: