Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Update On Dad

In his own words, Dad has had a "fantastic day." He had visitors from Chicago and he likes his new roommate, a man with broken ribs who has the same birth year as Dad. He was able to give me almost a play-by-play description of the end of the Cardinals-Redskins game. They are still waiting for a room to open at Surrey Place so he can leave St. Luke's. I heard his best laugh since his stroke. I reminded him that we talked hours before the stroke and he cooked eggplant- which I detest- for supper. I told him that should be a lesson for him! I thought he would never stop laughing and it made me feel good. Thanks for the prayers.
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

1 comment:

astrosfreak09 said...

Haha I'm right there with you, that's pretty gross! But that's good that he's laughing about it, laughing is the best medicine, cliche but true!
God Bless
Love ya
Downtown Brown